Sunday, December 7, 2008

World European Center of Zoroastrian Studies - Paris

In April 2008, after several years of construction, the inauguration of a branch of the World European Center of Zoroastrian Studies took place in Paris, in the luxurious 16th precinct. It is located on Avenue Victor Hugo, for those who have been to France, down the street from the Arc de Triomphe in downtown Paris.

The center consists of 3 floors, including an auditorium and several salons for presentation. A marble staircase leads upstairs to a conference room, and an extensive library.

Present at the inauguration were Abtin Sassanfar the founder of the Center, Homer Abramian, amongst other lead advocates for Zoroastriansim.

The inauguration shows lots of promise for the recent Zoroastrian converts in Europe, and members who wish to extensively research ancient Zoroastrian culture, including the Pahlavi culture and language of the Avesta. Farsi lessons are likely to take place within the center.

There are also talks of a mobed (Zoroastrian priest) occupying the center frequently in order to perfrom sedreh pushi ceremonies whenever necessary which would greatly increase interest of current non-Zoroastrians.


I will post pictures as soon as I get them and a possible translation of the transcript of speeches given.

3 comments:

Daneesh said...

HI... I just came across your blog... I would really like to visit the Center in Paris but I can't seem to find an address anywhere and was wondering if you knew where it was. Thanks
D

Unknown said...

The center is located on Avenue Victor Hugo in the 16th. The exact addess I can not find either but the Avenue is not large. Once ther, it shouls be easy to find or ask locals about the address. Sorry if you are not planning a trip to Paris.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to visit the Paris center some time next year. From there I must gain more information then what I have and see if I can fit into this commuity. It is just a sceach for myself at this point. I do not yet know where it will lead.